There are several benefits to this;
- The two programs are one and you don't have to worry about them not functioning correctly.
- The price of Wilcom didn't go up when CorelDRAW was integrated, in fact it actually went down a few dollars. This is true of the update prices as well.
- There isn't any finger pointing when calling technical support as to why things are not functioning as there is with most second party arrangements.
- The ability to create and modify artwork is now done on the fly. There isn't a reason to open a second program to draw in, then export from and then import to Wilcom. Simple changes can be made on the fly and the results are instant.
- Artwork is now brought into Wilcom using CorelDRAWs import filters which are superior to Wilcom's and the Windows Paste Board.
A few key points to think about;
- If CorelDRAW is removed you can still make vector drawing objects from within Wilcom using the Drawing Tools if your Wilcom level includes Drawing Tools.
- After a normal Wilcom installation (Corel is present) you can start CorelDRAW independent of Wilcom through the start menu or link on the desktop. This may be accomplished without the need of the Key (dongle).